"In memory of my cherished cellphone
along with the cherished phone numbers,
cherished pictures, and precious bejeweled game."
along with the cherished phone numbers,
cherished pictures, and precious bejeweled game."

January 2008 - March 2008
Today, while on my way to church I lost my cellphone. I'm not sure how it happened. My only guess is that it fell off my lap and onto the ground as I got out of my car. I searched high and low, emptied my purse, ransacked my car, and still no sign of the phone. I had already borrowed a friend's phone to try calling my own phone, but I thought I'd try again with the hopes that someone, a kind, friendly soul would answer it.
Much to my surprise the ringing stopped, and I could hear voices in the background. I tried calling out to the voices I heard. I yelled and screamed so someone would hear. That went on for about 5 minutes until the phone hung up. I tried again, and the same thing happened. I hollered into the phone pleading for a response and then the phone hung up for the last time. I've called again repeatedly, and I've sent text messages, to no avail.
I know that I need to cancel my service, but I'm just hoping upon hope that the phone is actually in the posession of a small child and their parent will find it at any moment and try to return it to me. If I cancel my service, then that hope will be completely dead because there will be no way for the parent to call me back.
I'm not yet ready to face the fact that the phone is gone, and purchase a cheap replacement. But when in do, rest in peace my Sony Ericsson.
Much to my surprise the ringing stopped, and I could hear voices in the background. I tried calling out to the voices I heard. I yelled and screamed so someone would hear. That went on for about 5 minutes until the phone hung up. I tried again, and the same thing happened. I hollered into the phone pleading for a response and then the phone hung up for the last time. I've called again repeatedly, and I've sent text messages, to no avail.
I know that I need to cancel my service, but I'm just hoping upon hope that the phone is actually in the posession of a small child and their parent will find it at any moment and try to return it to me. If I cancel my service, then that hope will be completely dead because there will be no way for the parent to call me back.
I'm not yet ready to face the fact that the phone is gone, and purchase a cheap replacement. But when in do, rest in peace my Sony Ericsson.
1 comment:
Post a Comment