Kibble: coarsely ground grain in the form of pellets (as for pet food)

Have I mentioned how awesome my internship is? Seriously it's the best. My assignment this weekend is to create Kibble Crunch Cookies, which should appear to have been made using Kibble, yet must be edible, delectable, and generally agreeable for a child's discriminating pallet.
Quite a tall order, yet one I will gladly take on. After all I am after the person who attempted making Peanut Butter Bacon Bread. If anyone could do this it would be me.
It's recommended that I use cereal as the kibble which makes sense. I mean referring to the basic definition above cereal is kibble, but I wouldn't recommend you telling your kids that. Coco Puffs and Kiks are probably my best bets as stand ins for kibble. The recipe itself needs to be light on the flour because I don't want anything masking the kibble texture, and flour might make it look cakey.
Someone suggested marshmallow treats, but I think I need something more transparent than marshmallow. I'm toying with something akin to my mom's rice krispy treats that are made using karo syrup. I'm also thinking peanut butter might be a nice touch. Well off to the store I go to buy a ton of cereal, karo syrup, and peanut butter.
I'll let you know how it goes. If the end product is edible I'll post the recipe. Wish me luck.
1 comment:
wow. my blog gets around. kinky, kinky, blog.
Post a Comment