Saturday, October 11, 2008

Punked Out Saturday - and why I love Boston.

On my way home from apple picking yesterday, I decided to cut through Davis Square, (which parenthetically is not actually a square but a place where 5 roads intersect). The traffic was worse than normal due to crowds of pedestrians dressed for either a punk concert or a "What Not to Wear" convention.


That of itself is not terribly unusual. but the man on stilts directing traffic was.



But really it was the funky street band music and dancing that finally got me to park my car and check out the festivities.




So it turns out it was the third annual Honk! Festival, which according to the website is a time and place for mobile street bands to ".... arouse fellow travelers, to warn of danger, to celebrate milestones, and just plain have fun." In other words, have an excuse to get dressed up, get out of your house, dance, laugh, and just enjoy the autumn weather. Yet another reason I love Boston--random festivals.

I took a bunch of pictures of the crazy costumes and bands. If you'd like to check them out they are on my picasa page.

Stay tuned for next week's "Reason I love Boston" with my Head of the Charles coverage. It's going to be wicked awesome. ;)

4 comments:

Here at home said...

wicked awesome!

Michelle said...

you're wicked awesome!

Stacey said...

Gotta love Davis Square! I miss Boston...and you, of course!!

Unknown said...

that's pretty neat-o, especially the guys on stilts!