After leaving my car with Eddie, my totally awesome mechanic (seriously, the best one in Massachusetts), for the better part of the day, my car appears now to be safe to cross the plains. I'm not sure what the ball joint is, but it was separating, which means sooner or later when I hit a big bump my car would go one way and my front tire would go the other. After much consideration I decided this would be very bad, so I forked out the $325.00 for the repair.
So I'm all good to go, right? Wrong. You see I wanted to go south to DC to visit my brother and his fam, then Tennessee to see another relative, over to Texas to see my former roommate, and then up to Utah to spend some time with the majority of my family. Sure it was a little non-linear, but let's be honest, I'm not terribly linear myself. Anyway, I got a phone call from my bro this morning with some bad news. He, his wife, and their two little girls are all sick with a cold, so it's probably best if I don't go down that way. Between my car being somewhat questionable and now the curtailing one of my major reasons for taking a southern detour, I'm thinking I may want to make this a straight shot after all with stays in NY, IN, KS, and WY. That doesn't leave much time for dilly-dally unless I spend a couple days in each spot or find places inbetween to stay.
Huh, well I guess I better start making some phone calls.
6 comments:
Scott is in Chicago. That's an option. Good luck with everything.
Really? When did this happen? Last I heard he was in Cali.
Sorry Aleigh, Wish we could have had you down to our place but we didn't want you to get sick.
Let us know if you need anything though.
I'm so TOTALLY bummed that you aren't with us, but really, you don't like snot, which we have in abundance, and you don't like Pride and Prejudice, which I am watching because I am sick.
Bad timing. We'll miss having you on our coast.
I'm sure you couldn't even hug Lizzy because of your germaphobe outlook. She's icky. Good luck on your journey.
thanks guys. It would have been great to see you both and the kids but I have to admit snot, especially in large quantities, is something I tend to avoid. Though I'm sure I still would have given Lizzy a big hug anyway, running nose and all. :)
I wish I would have read this sooner - I know lots of people across the country. D'oh! Michelle tells me that you have arrived in CA (well... she tells me her mug arrived so I used logic to make some deductions) - how is it going?
Post a Comment