And that is where I currently reside, right smack dab in the middle of such a crisis. My life has become a bit of a mess. Not so much in a physical way. After all I'm currently sitting in my apartment where all the dirty clothes are in the hamper, all the clean clothes are neatly put away. I have a full-time job that treats me well. I'm showered and dressed, and I have accomplished most of everything on my to-do list. So when I say I'm a mess, I mean it in a more in a metaphysical way.
I feel as if I am sitting upon a small raft in the middle of a vast ocean without any sign of land or rescue within my view. I have food, water, and shelter to last for awhile. But the facts are these, I can't stay on this raft forever and sitting here isn't getting me any closer to a destination. And that my friends is the crisis. I know that I need to jump off this raft and start swimming, but my doubts and fears are like invisible circling sharks, and so here I sit waiting for the opportune moment to drive in.

5 comments:
Hang in there! *HUG*
I have mid-life crises several times a day. Then I get exhausted and just lay down on the raft and enjoy the view for while.
I like your graphic. The good news is, you're a good swimmer.
Thank you Laura. I like your suggestion.
Good point Merinda. Once I've chosen a direction, I should be good to go......just as long as I can keep the sharks at bay. :)
Post a Comment