You're right the whole world did know that, but I had my doubts. I had purchased the "Wicked" soundtrack months ago, and found the main character's voice grating--perhaps not as bad as say Disney's Snow White, but painful on my ears all the same.
Then last week I saw "Wicked" live on stage in Boston, and was absolutely blown away by the Wicked Witch. There were so many great songs, that I hadn't recognized as been all that grand on the original soundtrack. When I got home I tried to locate a "Wicked" soundtrack recorded by Victoria Matlock, the awesome actress I'd seen last week.
Although, I wasn't able to locate any CD's, I did discover that Victoria Matlock graduated from Skyline Highschool in good ol' SLC in 1995. Too bad I went to Hillcrest, otherwise this could have been one of those "I knew her when...." moments.
Since y'all weren't there with me to see how cool this was, I also found a couple bootleg youtube postings of her performances:
No comments:
Post a Comment