The door leads to the parking lot and locks when it’s shut, so it’s not unusual for it to be propped open with a rock or a brick, but this is the first time I’ve seen it propped open with a head.
Once I stopped laughing, I thought why does someone have a dummy head and why did they think this was a good idea? What, a rock wasn't good enough for you?
But then I started to let my imagination run away with me. What if there is guy living in my building who just broke up with his girlfriend, and she's sending him a "message"? You know The Godfather style. Sure it's not a severed head of a $600,000.00 race horse, but it's not bad. It says:"You're nothing without me. You're just doorstop."
or
"Watch your back. I'm going to do this to your head for real"
or
"Please get a restraining order because I'm obviously nuts."
or
"Watch your back. I'm going to do this to your head for real"
or
"Please get a restraining order because I'm obviously nuts."
Then again, maybe it could be a cosmologist girlfriend/wife who took off in the middle of the night with the best friend of the boyfriend/husband. She left all her stuff at the apartment and her (ex)boyfriend/husband is unloading some of the more useless objects like a dummy head, which happens to make an excellent doorstop. With any luck, the residents here will continue to slam the heavy door into the plastic cranium for weeks and months to come. It's not much of a revenge, but it would give the (ex)boyfriend/husband a certain satisfaction of kicking it each day as he walked through the door.
Ha, ha, it would seem Wonderland is seeping into my brain and is influencing my imagination. You'll know I'm a goner if I report later that the Queen of Hearts is demanding my head. If it comes to that I hope she's willing to accept a doorstop instead. :)
2 comments:
Sounds like you are having a blast in good ol' Lala land. Keep having fun in good ol' Wonderland!
Aleigh, YOu are a crack up. Thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment