Thursday, April 8, 2010

3 Weeks

So it would appear there is a lot going on in the next 3 weeks:

1) I'm moving
This is a very good thing. Perhaps you are aware of the fact I have been living with a married couple for the last 6 months. While it's been fun, it is time for us to part company. Namely they are moving to Utah and I'm moving into an apartment that is 5 blocks from the beach in Santa Monica. I could be wrong, but I think I got the better deal. :)

2) Visiting Utah
I'm leaving work Friday night at 5 PM, driving 1.5 hours to Long Beach Airport to catch an 8 PM flight that will get me to Utah by 11 PM. Then 36 hours later, I'll be on a plane headed back to Long Beach. And that my friends is my weekend. :)

3) Take a Gondala (an Italian boat, not the ski lift) Ride
In November I bought into this really good deal on a gondala ride. I figured sometime in the following months there would be a special someone to accompany me on this trip. Well there's no special someone, and the ticket will expire by April 30th. Fortunately Dave, an awesome friend regardless of his poor judgement of posting less than flattering pictures of me on Facebook, has volunteered to accompany me on said boat ride. I'm still nervous that this has the potential of being very awkward. When calling to make the reservation the conversation went something like this:

"We could book you for an 8:30 trip"
"8:30 PM?"
"The wind has died down by then and the stars are out. It makes it more romantic."
"Uh, right, okay."
" You can bring whatever food you would like. A lot of people like to do a romantic picnic."
"Romantic.......right."
"We also provide you with a complimentary bucket of ice incase you want to bring champagne."

So here's the deal. I didn't really bill this as a date when I set it up with Dave, which means ixnay on the omanceray. I was thinking perhaps we should get decked out as the most touristy tourists, eat left over Easter Peeps, and sip on chilled juice boxes. It would be fun, amusing, and just plain awesome. :)

4. Go to Six Flags aka Magic Mountain
For 6 months I've lived within a 2 hour drive of Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm, Disneyland, and Six Flag, and I have yet to step foot in any of them. Today while I was lamenting my plight, I asked my co-worker how much it costs to go to Six Flags, and he gives me a free ticket that he happened to have that needs to be used before April 25th It also turns out that those Diet Cokes I drink like water also have a coupon for a $19.99 entrance to Six Flags, so if I invite a friend, we each get to go in for $10.

Now the trick is going to be trying to accomplish all of this in the next 3 weeks while working full-time, and attempting to find a new job.

3 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

5 blocks from beach in santa monica.... We're coming to visit.
I don't know when or how, but we're coming to visit.
Enjoy your 36-hour visit to Utah.

Cara said...

Good luck with the move! A step in the right direction, I think!!!

Michelle said...

Yay! I'm glad you found a new place to live. IT sounds wonderful. Enjoy the next couple of weeks.