
If you are ever invited to play Silent Football, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
#1 It is not a physical sport
#2 There is no football
#3 Any and all rules can be voted upon and changed by the players
Due to #3, the rules become more complex with each game, so you should try your best to get there on time. If you do not, you may very well find yourself facing the rule that latecomers will not be informed of new rules, in which case you get stuck repeating the same infraction 13 times over, because you can't identify what it is. Then, thanks to a vote by the players, that infraction will forever and always be named for you.
The league in which I find myself playing has chosen to conclude each round with the winner taking a dare designed by the other players. Fortunately these are good-natured dares, that are mostly silly and generally embarrassing. Take for instance the poor soul, who won (or more appropriately lost) the first round. He must write a ten-line love poem, post it on his Facebook wall, and tag one of his female friends in it. Furthermore he is forbidden to explain said poem until March.
Considering the potential for embarrassment, I think I got off easy when I won. I simply need to make a plate of goodies for each apartment in my complex and bake a gourmet dinner for one of guys from the game. I'm just glad I don't have to create a main dish with lime green jello, and serve it to dinner guest while wearing a jello ring on my head. Yep, I definitely lucked out with this one. :)
But you still don't know much about Silent Football, do you? Well, I'm afraid there's not much I can do about that. Like Calvinball, you can't play Silent Football the same way twice, so any explanation I might give you could very well end up being completely wrong. My advice to find a game, join in, and make it your own.
1 comment:
And here I thought you hated Silent Football (which you actually still may). Quite the sacrifice (for why?) to return to the field yet again...
And knowing the rules in advance, I assume your comments about late arrival were about someone other than yourself, since I'm sure you wouldn't want to infract 13 times.
Post a Comment