Here are some highlights from the trip:
1. Pismo Beach
There are some beautiful cliffs covered with some not so beautiful bird poop, but let's stick the positives, shall we. :) The sites were breathtaking, as was the sunset.
2. Julia Pfeiffer Waterfall
Once we got into this area, we got hit with some super heavy fog, which made the photos kind of cool.
3. The Elephant Seal Hang out
Apparently the best time to visit here is during mating season when you can watch 6 tons of pure blubber pick fights with equally built foes, all for the affections of the females. Since it was not yet mating season, we watched 6 tons of pure blubber pick fights with equally built foes....just for fun. We also watched the rest of the elephant seal population chill on the beach.
4. Hearst Castle
In true I-have-too-much-money-and-I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-it style William Randolph Hearst commissioned a palace to be built on a rock in the middle of (nowhere) California, and he proceeded to invite the rich, powerful, and popular people of his era to come on over for a visit. It is as opulent as any palace as it is filled with relics from the castles of Europe.:) It was stunning for sure.
5. Random stops by the ocean
Along the coast there are piers and sandy spots galore where you can get out to watch the waves or snaps some pictures of your parents happily enjoying the sights.
All in all it was a beautiful trip and a wonderful way to spend my birthday weekend. Thanks mom and dad! :)
4 comments:
Hearst Castle was one of the places I was disappointed I didn't get to. Beautiful photos!
Awesome pictures and I love how they change! Sounds like it was a fabulous trip!!
Whoa, people still read my blog? Thanks Michelle and Cara!! btw I plan to post more often. I promise in fact. :)
I love the pics, also I still read your blog. When you post. Which isn't very often, did you know?
Also...
Happy birthday!
Post a Comment