Once upon time in a fantasy French villa, I came upon a friendly creature, who took some time to chat with me about my life journey.
"What you need is a purple cow," he said.
"A purple cow?" I asked.
"Yes, a purple cow, something remarkable. Imagine if you were driving along and you saw a purple cow. You'd probably jump out of your car to take a picture. You might even have your picture taken with the cow and post it on Facebook."
Feeling a bit self-conscious for lacking a lavender bovine of my own, I asked, "What's your purple cow?"
"I'm a magical unicorn."
"A what?"
"I'm a rare creature who can both write the code and create the design for a website."
"And that makes you a magical unicorn?"
"Indeed."
"So do you put a giant picture of unicorn on your resume?" I asked.
"With sparkles and rainbows," he added. "Now about your purple unicorn."
"I get a unicorn too!"
"I meant cow, but I suppose you could. You'd just need a rare and useful combination of skills that are remarkable."
This of course got my brain gears turning, churning, and burning. How in the world was I going to go about finding my purple unicorn?
Before we parted ways, the magical unicorn texted me a list of books he'd recommend I read as I pondered my purple unicorn. I reviewed the titles and thanked him and said that after I find my purple unicorn, perhaps I'd see him in the unicorn forest. He suggested Candy Mountain* instead, which lead to a conversation about the wisdom of visiting Candy Mountain, if you wanted to keep your kidneys, and I was informed that he was a mutant magical unicorn that had 3+ kidneys. But I digress. My search for my purple unicorn is on. I'm not sure when or where I'll find it, but thanks to the magical unicorn I know how to get started. When I do find it, I'm not sure I go to Candy Mountain, because I don't have 3+ kidneys. :)
*If this makes no sense to you, see "Charlie the Unicorn"on Youtube.
No comments:
Post a Comment