I have found that being unemployed is a rather heavy burden. It drags you into a pit of misery and, in economic time like these, the pit is filled to capacity making it hard to see a way out. That was the condition I found myself during the last few months. Fortunately a blessing fell from the sky this week, and I got a 6 week temp job as a receptionist at a software company.
Already they love me. In fact I could sit like a rock all day long, never moving, and they would still love me. You see by doing nothing, I am NOT stealing. Their last temp robbed them blind. She took home boxes of paper, tape, Advil, mugs, bags, candy, Splenda, and she may have tried to take the kitchen sink. I've never met this woman, but after having been faced with the dearth of job opportunities out there right now, I want to smack her upside the head and say, "Are you crazy?"
Here she was in a temp job that pays a decent wage, and she threw it all away because she chose to lug home large amounts of office supplies. What is the benefit of that? Even if she sold all that stuff on eBay, could she possibly make more than she her promised salary? Me thinks not.
But perhaps I should think twice before bad-mouthing this poor woman. After all it is because of her blatant lack of good judgement that I have this opportunity to be blessed with work. So crazy woman, wherever you all, I thank you. And God, thank you for blessing me with work.
4 comments:
Of course they already love you! Not only because you don't steal...so GREAT!!
Yay!!!! so glad - now send some good karma mojo my way :)
WAHOOOOOOOOO
Amen to that. I'm so glad you have work.
Post a Comment