The bathroom floor that was rotting away below our feet - replaced.
Bathroom vanity that was slowly disintegrating into itself - replaced.
Toilet that required ninja-like balance to prevent its banging against the wall when you stood up and sat down - fixed.
Drippy kitchen faucet - fixed.
Ancient relic of a range/oven - replaced.

Screen door that had lost it's spring and simply banged whenever the wind blew - fixed.
There are still some major issues, such as the basement that quite possibly houses the creature from the black lagoon,
and our upstairs neighbors who epitomize the term white trash (they asked to borrow $30 before introducing themselves to me, and let's not forget the large chewed up couch that sat on our porch for a month), but thanks to Jose I can actually call my apartment "home sweet home" without choking on the sarcasm. Yes indeed, Jose is my hero. Hurray for Jose!!
5 comments:
Red rover, red rover, send Jose right over!
congratulations on improved living conditions. hope your rent doesn't go up when your lease comes up. heheh.
Hooray indeed! Would that Jose had been in Joe's employ six years ago when I moved into that thrice-wretchéd apartment. I'm so impressed that he got Joe to agree to do anything that involved spending money. Now all you need is for Jose to take care of the basement and the living room carpet and the kitchen paint job and the broken windows...
Wahoooo! you can cook, pee, and brush your teeth. Perhaps not all at the same time, but this is great.
Thanks for the comments!!
I really don't know how Jose got Joe to agree to any of the improvements. I have my money on hypnosis or voodoo dolls. :)
And Merinda while the bathroom and kitchen are next to each other, there's a good 9 feet between the stove and toilet so doing all three at once is physically impossible....thank goodness. :)
Post a Comment