Thursday, March 10, 2011

Aleigh's Infraction Retraction

*Don't worry I don't get it either.*

Once upon a time, exactly a month ago, I blogged about a thing called Silent Football. I find myself now needing to retract that blog entry. The first rule of Silent Football is you do not talk about Silent Football. No wait, sorry, that's Fight Club.

Anywho Silent Football can't possibly exist. At the risk of sounding like the Church Lady, Silent Football is neither silent nor involves a football, discuss. If such a thing did exist, the rules I laid out would mean that the game would always be evolving and changing. So if two players played together in a game and then played in different games with different people for more than 6 games, and they played together again in another game, there is a high probability they would think the other is playing a game very different from the Silent Football that he/she plays. So then whose game is the real Silent Football and whose is the impostor? Fortunately it doesn't matter because Silent Football doesn't exist.

Nevermind the wikipedia articles, Facebook fan pages, how to websites, and t-shirt sites that all make reference to this clearly farcical game. Have you ever heard of Snipe hunting? It's the same concept (except you won't end up crawling around the woods and making silly whistling calls in the vain attempt of enticing a creature you've never heard of before into a burlap bag). It's just a giant inside joke; a made up concept for a game, that would never happen in real life.........unless someone looked up the rules and decided to start a game. Well, than I suppose it might stop being joke and then might actually be a game. And theoretically somewhere out there in the universe that is a scenario that is being played out in some alternate reality where Silent Football does exist.

But now I'm just being silly. There's no such thing as Silent Football......or is there?

No comments: