Thursday, August 2, 2007

And then she said...........

A sampling of some of the hilarious, if not absolutely ridiculous, things people have said to me recently:

While checking out at the grocery store.......

The cashier scanned a box of Gas Ex and loudly asks, "Gas Ex? Does this stuff really work?"

I went to the doctor for a check up, and she started going through the pre-visit check list......

"Sexually active?"
"No."
With real concern, almost shock,"What's wrong?"
"I haven't for religious reasons."
"Good for you. Good for.... Wait so you've never?"
"No, I'm one of the few 29 year old virgins out there."
"Good for you. Good for..... So is there anyone?"
"I date."
"But is there a special guy?"
"There are several guys I'm interested in."

And just think that was only the beginning of the exam. I still had a good 20 minutes left.

When I was wearing a shirt with an empire waistline.........

a pseudo coworker who hadn't seen me in a while came running up to me, "Are you pregnant?" and then proceeded to put her hand on my stomach.

I burst out laughing. Now the joke amongst my friends is to ask, "Does this shirt make me look pregnant?"

When I approached a coworker who appeared to be having a bad day.........

"Are you okay?" I asked

"Obviously not, and neither are you," she responded

No comments: